The Android Plug-in for Eclipse allows seamless integration with many of the Android development tools. If you're using Eclipse, it's highly recommended that you install the in, as it will make your life much easier. The Plug-in includes various wizards for creating and debugging Android projects.
To install the Android Plug-in for Eclipse (ADT), you must launch Eclipse and install a custom software update. The steps required depend on the version of Eclipse you use. For complete instructions, see the Android developer website, http://developer.android.com/sdk/eclipse-adt.html.
To install Android Plug-in on Eclipse 3.5 (Galileo), follow these steps:
1. Launch Eclipse.
2. Select Help, Install New Software.
3. Select the Available Software tab.
4. Click the Add button.
6. On the Available Software tab, check the box next to Developer Tools box. (Also check the boxes for Android DDMS and Android Development Tools.)
7. Click the Next button and follow the wizard for installing the tools. Accept the terms of the license agreement and click the Finish button.
8. After the software update completes, restart Eclipse.
After you install the Android SDK Eclipse plug-in, update your Eclipse preferences to point at the Android SDK you previously downloaded. To do this, launch Eclipse and
Was this article helpful?