A marketing plan is going to help you keep track of all the pieces of your product launch. From your marketing calendar, you can track the following:
• The date your app was submitted for review
• The date (approximately) your app will be released
• Reviewers and bloggers you have contacted to review your app
• Articles you have lined up with magazines, newspapers, and other outlets
• Promotions you have planned to launch your app
With your plan you can coordinate the timing of a press release to coincide roughly with the release and posting of your app on the Android Market. If you have a press release that has been correctly written with the right key words, and a few reviews in place, you will see strong pickup in the news about your app, and your website will see a bump in traffic, which will lead to stronger initial sales of your app.
Was this article helpful?